Make your own Quest Box for an exciting storytelling adventure!
Download the Quest Box activity cards, gather the materials listed and see where your imagination takes you. Through a range of games and activities, you can write a number of different stories to share with your friends and family.
Will you travel, climb mountains, race to space, enter a magical kingdom, or create a world you’ve only ever imagined? Have fun, play safely, and at the end make sure that you share your stories!
You will need:
- A set of Quest Box activity cards. Download them here.
- Quest Box postcards (optional). Download them here.
- Any small box to store your Quest Box materials in (optional)
- Speech bubble sticky notes (or any other sticky notes)
- Sticky notes
- Paper (any kind)
- Ribbon (You can use any material or length but paper ribbon is especially safe and easy to use.)
- Pens or pencils for writing, drawing and colouring in.
- Your imagination
Teachers / Parents / Guardians
Quest Boxes include five days of playful story making activities for children aged 7+ to explore their creative writing. Small items are required, please supervise where necessary. Where possible, encourage children to share their stories with family, friends and fellow classmates. They may like to use the downloadable postcards.
About Quest Boxes
Quest Boxes were designed by artist, Jonny Clapham as part of The Big Make, a month-long celebration of the amazing creativity across Milton Keynes. They were also designed to coincide with the Children’s Art Week 2020 theme, Literacy & Creative Writing. 120 Quest Boxes were distributed to 8 MK schools in July 2020 for Year 6 pupils unable to attend school due to Covid-19.
Quest Boxes and their design were kindly funded by Artswork and Engage.