Arts for Health (Milton Keynes) are inviting submissions for the Shoosmiths Art Prize 2015.
Shoosmiths Art Prize is an innovative competition aimed at providing opportunities for artists to reach wide and diverse audiences through exhibiting at Milton Keynes University Hospital.
Shoosmiths Art Prize 2015, cash prize of £1000 selected by the jury.
People’s Choice 2015, purchase prize selected by public vote*
Shoosmiths Choice 2015, purchase prize selected by Shoosmiths staff**
* up to the value of £700 and only works which are for sale and within this value will be entered into this prize. This prize is supported by the Friends of Milton Keynes Hospital and Community. ** up to the value of £250 and only works which are for sale and within this value will be entered into this prize.
Baroness Wall, Chair Milton Keynes University Hospital
Sophie Hall, Gallery Director, Flowers
Julia Alvarez, Curator, Bearspace
Fionnuala Boyd, Artist
Gary Assim, Partner Shoosmiths LLP
Details for Entry
- Artists are invited to submit up to ten pieces of work for inclusion in the exhibition.
- Applications are open to artists at all stages of their careers.
- All work must be wall based and suitable to be displayed using a rod and track hanging system.
- All works submitted must be available for exhibition from 27 July 2015 – 31 March 2016.
- The jury will shortlist artists to be invited to exhibit work at Milton Keynes University Hospital and/or Shoosmiths Lawyers Office in Milton Keynes
Interested artists need to submit the following:-
- Completed Entry Form – found here: http://mkartsforhealth.org.uk/artprize2014/
- An artist’s statement of a maximum of 300 words describing your working practice and submitted entries.
- No more than 10 digital images of work. Image files must be saved as JPG files at a minimum 72dpi and maximum 300dpi.
- A non-refundable entry fee of £15.