AHA-MK exists to promote, develop and represent the arts and heritage of Milton Keynes.
How do we do it?
We promote, lobby and represent… We support, develop and train… We network, share and inform… Above all we collaborate.
- Over 5,000 inspiring events in Milton Keynes
- 1,241,370 visits made to them
- £18,250,000 of turnover
- 1,600 workshops for participants of all ages
- 1,700 volunteering opportunities
With a mission to bring together organisations that create exciting experiences in art and heritage, AHA-MK promotes Milton Keynes’ unique identity to local,regional and national audiences.
Achievements 2012 – 13
- Contributed to a successful Summer of Culture, which drew in 161,000 attendees and produced a total economic impact of £6.4m gross.
- Supported MK Festival Fringe in delivering their biggest festival yet, including street performance, theatre, dance, music, workshops and the first ever MK Walking with Giants Parade.
- Advocated on behalf of members, e.g. by contributing to MK Council’s consultations on assessing the community’s health and well-being, business rate relief, and the development of a Local Infrastructure Plan.
- Celebrated members’ work and their venues through Heritage Open Days and Arts and Heritage Open Places.
- Secured Arts Council England funding to develop a Summer of Culture legacy project to encourage cross-programming and cross-marketing.
- Delivered CPD sessions addressing the interface between museums and the arts, digital engagement, audience segmentation, how arts and heritage organisations can best work with schools, the Summer of Culture legacy, and the joys and sorrows of governance.