MAKE (the MK CEP) is a major collaboration led by AHA-MK , with investment from Artswork, that aims to ensure cultural education in MK is joined up, visible and well-resourced. MAKE has 40 members working across education, youth, health and culture. CEPs are an Arts Council England initiative supported by Bridge organisations that aims to increase creative and cultural opportunities for children and young people and develop better relationships between cultural organisations and schools. One of around 100 CEPs across England, MAKE has raised £250k for cultural education delivery in MK since its launch in 2015.
MAKE seeks a Freelance School Relationship Manager. Reporting to the MAKE project manager. Duties include:
- Engaging with at least 20 schools
- Develop the schools network with AHA-MK and its members through visiting schools and talking to headteachers
- Present teachers with a comprehensive package of what opportunities there are for schools with local cultural engagement activity
- Document the concerns and challenges of teachers, boards of governors and heads when developing cultural programmes in schools
- Document an understanding of teachers’ needs around cultural education and its methods
- Assist the AHA-MK Programming and Partnership in the development of advocacy materials, case studies and films (or use of existing material)
- Promote the benefits of Arts Award for children and young people and Artsmark as the quality mark to schools
- Increase take-up of Arts Award and Artsmark in at least 10 schools
- Write a report and evaluation, detailing outputs, outcomes and recommendations
The successful candidate will have experience of working within the arts and an educational setting and knowledge of the arts organisations in Milton Keynes. They will be a team player with a positive approach to work, and an empathic approach to others. Clear, creative and strategic thinking is essentail, along with evidence of relationship building.
This role will run throughout Autumn 2019 and Spring 2020. The fee is £5000.
Please apply no later than Thursday 12th September to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be a CV and covering letter stating:
- A timetable for delivery.
- A breakdown of days and costs,
- Details of insurances
- Details of any other people you may work with during the process
- Details of referees